What do you do with your finished coloring pages? After spending so much time and energy coloring our favorite designs and creating beautiful pieces of art, it’ll be so satisfying if we could use it beyond coloring. Here is one simple and easy project that I thoroughly enjoyed.
Coaster Art with completed coloring pages:
- Pick your favorite coloring sheet that you have already colored, or go ahead and color the one you like to use. Here I’ve chosen a couple of my own designs. I colored it with Faber-Castell connector pens. If you are interested in getting any of these adult coloring pages, check out my Etsy shop:
- Measure and cut out the colored page as per the size of the beer mat
- Apply a layer or Mod Podge on the beer mat
- Place your colored page cut out over it. While you press down with your fingers or palm, move your fingers around to ensure there are no air bubbles (you could also use an old card for this)
- Once done, apply a liberal and uniform layer of mod podge over the colored sheet and allow it to dry
- After about 15 minutes or when the layer dries, apply another layer of mod podge over it and let it dry again
- You can repeat this step if you think you need another layer
- Once it is completely dry, (atleast a few hours) apply a layer of varnish to seal it all in. This step is optional. Here I used a matte mod podge and two layers of glossy varnish
You can see that the finished beer mats have bled come colors. Its from the markers I used to color them earlier. I was initially disappointed when it happened. But in the end, I kind of liked the smudged look.
- I finally gathered all the beer mats that I made using various methods. Some were of the Valentines Day theme (see my previous post), some from the finished coloring pages, and others using scrapbook paper.
- I arranged the finished beer mats on a white heavy cardstock with trimmed edges and glued them all down. Here is the finished look:
I love how it looks right now. Maybe I am going to frame it and use it as a wall art in my crafts room. I want to use my colored sheets on storage boxes or shoe boxes, book covers etc.. Maybe will do one of those in the days to come.
So, what do you guys do with your finished coloring pages?